5 simplistic ways to begin blogging for money
Blogging for money
The nature of blogging has certainly changed, and many question if you blogging for money is still an option. It definitely is! There are people blogging for money making 6 figure sums such as Perez Hilton and there are people who do it for nothing, and simply for personal growth. There is everything in between.
Blogging for money does take effort and persistent. It is not an easy overnight money making scheme. But most of those are cons anyway, if it doesn’t take some degree of hard work at some point it’s usually a scam! People do give up, read here to find out why Linky Blog says people give up within a year. That said it is entirely possible. How do I know? Well, from this very blog!
How can I begin blogging for money?
Presuming you have already set up your blog and you are ready to begin monetizing it, these are various strategies you can use. (If you haven’t check out this post on setting up your own website which would apply to setting up a blog.)
You need to ensure you have quality content and start building a marketing list (read here for how to do this)
Once you have started to build your blog traffic and marketing list you will be in a position to start monetizing it.
What methods can I use to monetize my blog?
1. Affiliate marketing. This is where you include links to other businesses, and if they are clicked and/or the services purchased you will receive a payment for this referral. This is a great passive income as it requires no effort other than a few well written blog posts. I personally think it’s important to only endorse brands and services that fit your brand and you actually find useful. It’s important to be genuine otherwise it sounds like a hard sell and forced. Plus if you endorse anything that isn’t up to scratch, people will lose trust in your brand and not return to you. If you give them value, they will come back to you. Many products offer affiliate schemes, just Google the product name and affiliate, you will find any available schemes.
2. Adverts directly on your website. This would include Ad-sense by Google amongst others. This generates less income than affiliate marketing generally and it would depend on look and feel of your site as to whether this option would suit you. Some people don’t mind the ads appearing next to their content, others feel it would ruin the aesthetics of their website.
3. Become a guest blogger for others. Develop and refine your skills and get paid to blog for others.
4. Offer services through your site. For example consulting or coaching services.
5. Sell products through your blog. Anything that is related to your content. For example if it is a golfing blog you could sell special tees. Or it could be as simple as an eBook.
What you need to do
You now need to decide on your strategy and plan for it within your blog. Bear in mind you will need to keep marketing your blog to ensure you get the footfall. If Instagram’s new algorithm has impacted your marketing – click here to find out more how to work round this and future proof your feed.
You also might like to subscribe to the 7 day course we offer – completely free which goes into more detail about how to set up any business, including blogs over 7 days. Find out more here.